There are two main Hearing Aid Types: those that fit behind the ear and those that fit right in the ear canal. What’s best for you is dictated by your hearing loss, lifestyle and preferences.
– Can fit a larger battery for longer life, and larger amplifiers for more severe hearing losses.
– Can often be fitted the same day as your hearing assessment.
– Some do not occlude (or fill up) the ear canal so sounds are more natural, particularly your own voice.
– Can be a good choice if you have dexterity concerns.
– Visible in the ear.
– Small sizes can make these a fairly discreet choice.
– Customized to fit inside your ear canal requires a return visit.
– Small size could be an issue if you have dexterity challenges.
– The further into the canal these are fitted the more occlusion (blocked ear feeling) you may experience.
– Need to be cleaned of wax regularly.